from officially one of the UK’s Best Butchers Shops
(Best On-Farm Butchery FARMA 2011).
Pick up your local Yorkshire meat from our dedicated team of butchers, plus a selection of recipe cards and cooking guides so you get the very best results!
…Never cooked a turkey or roasted a joint of pork?… No need to worry, our experts are on hand to help and offer the best advice for your roasts.
See behind the scenes and find out about our butchers and our dry-aging process.
Every Friday is Steak Friday at the Blacker Hall Butchery
Enjoy a different Steak every Friday with our Steak of the Week
Pick up recipe cards or ask for advice from our expert Butcher’s on how to cook.
Enjoy 3 for £10 every day…
… on lots of freshly made award-winning sausages, stir-fry and more from our self-serve chillers by the Butchery counter.
Our butchers work closely with the farmers to ensure the highest quality is consistently achieved all year round. A member of the elite Guild of Q Butchers, Blacker Hall is at the premium end of fresh meat retail and holds a coveted AA hygiene/quality rating. We are proud to announce we have recently been named Wakefield Food Retailer of the Year 2013!
- Our beef roasts and steaks are matured on the bone for at least 21 days for great taste.
- We dry cure our own award-winning ham and bacon, using traditional techniques.
- We have Great Taste Awards for our beef, pork, lamb, bacon and gammon.
- We smoke our own award-winning bacon, here at Blacker Hall Farm.
- NEW GOLD AWARDS for our Yorkshire beef Rumpette Steaks, Steak Burgers &
Blacker Sausages at Q Guild of Butchers BBQ competition 2013
We specialise in quick ready-to-cook meat products that deliver great flavour, but need little perparation…Simply pop them in the oven, grill or BBQ and enjoy them within 3o minutes! This range is available every-day and is perfect for time-pressed food lovers!
- Seasonal Choice with a huge BBQ range when the sun is shining!
- Expert Advice from cooking to carving from our dedicated team of Butchers
- Excellence in the highest quality of locally meats reared by caring and passionate farmers
We have top awards for… The Butchery!.. Beef Sirloin.. Pork Sirloin.. Rosemary Lamb Rack.. Dry Cured Gammon.. Dry Cured Bacon.. Oak Smoked Streaky Bacon.. Pork Sausages.. Moroccan Style Lamb Sausage.. Pork & Chive Sausage.. Roast Beef.. Pork Cannon.. Tomato, Yorkshire Fettle & Basil Sausage.. Steak, Cheese & Onion Meatballs.. Festive Duck Roast..
Awarded by FARMA, Meat Trades Journal Top Shop Awards, Guild of Fine Food Retailers Great Taste Awards, Guild of Q Butchers Smithfield Awards, EBLEX Regional Awards, BPEX Regional Awards, EBLEX George Awards Best Roast Beef Dinner in England
All this makes Blacker Hall Farm Shop the best place to buy local meat!
If you are looking for a Hog Roast we supply Heavenly Hog Roast with our pigs fresh from our own farm. Find out more on their website here >>