Here at The Barn Café, from our Chefs to our Front of House Team, we all bring our expertise to deliver an exceptional guest experience as a team
The Barn Café is open 7 days a week serving breakfasts, lunches, delicious homemade cakes and desserts, afternoon tea, and more ….all prepared with local fresh and seasonal ingredients by our team of Chefs under Executive Chef Anton Scoones. The Barn has capacity for 140 people inside which approximately doubles with outside seating.
We are now looking for a JUNIOR SOUS CHEF – this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Blacker Hall team taking our business forward
Reporting to the Executive Chef and working closely with the Management Team you will be fully accountable for creating and delivering a menu that helps us to achieve our Mission.
This is a full time position working 5 days over 7 – day time hours
- Are an experienced Chef who can demonstrate the ability to deliver to the customer through leading and motivating the team in the Head Chef’s absence
- Are committed to what we do here at Blacker Hall with a passion for creating fresh, local, and seasonal dishes and for sharing your knowledge with the wider team
- Have the ability to produce food in large quantities to a consistently high standard
- Have an eye for detail and great presentation skills
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the challenges that this environment offers and the work ethic to meet those challenges
- Have proven experience of HACCP systems and a recognised Food Safety qualification with a real commitment to ensuring we consistently maintain the highest standards