Shrove Tuesday is celebrated on Tuesday 5th March this year – time to fire-up your frying pan and whip out your whisk!
Our Executive Chef, Anton, has created this twist on the classic Crêpes Suzette. Give it a try with ingredients from the Farm Shop!
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- Segments from 2 blood oranges
- 2tbs Biona Coconut Sugar
- 3tbs brandy
- 50g butter
- Longley Farm Crème Fraîche with Lemon & Ginger
- Sorrel (optional)
- Whisk together the flour, eggs and milk to form a batter.
- Grease a frying pan and add a ladle of the mixture. Allow to cook before flipping.
- Once cooked on both sides, stack the pancakes on a plate and make the sauce.
- Add the blood orange segments to a hot pan and allow to warm through before adding the sugar, brandy and butter.
- Cook over a low heat until hot, and then add the pancakes to the pan.
- Serve on a warm plate with Longley Farm Crème Fraîche with Lemon & Ginger, and a sprinkling of sorrel.