The Barn Café’s head chef Anton Scoones’ mouth-watering Pulled Pork recipe.
- 1kg Pork Shoulder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 100g dried apricots
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 100g sultanas
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 25g sea salt
- 1 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Take the fennel seeds, onion salt, garlic salt, sea salt, peppercorns, coriander, cumin, paprika and blend to a powder
- Rub the mix all over the pork and allow to marinate for 24 hours
- Once well marinated place in a deep tray with the tomatoes, apricots and sultanas. Add water to cover with baking paper and tin foil to seal the tray
- Place in an oven on a low temperature overnight to slowly braise.
- Once braised remove the pork and pull, taking off any large areas of fat
- With the remaining liquid place in a pan and reduce until thick, allow to cool and mush all together.
- Mix the pork and sauce together
- Serve or store in the fridge until needed