Award-winning locally reared leg of lamb.
- 2.25kg (5 lb) whole leg of lamb
- 4 tablespoons Stickeys local honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Preheat the oven to 230 C / Gas mark 8.
In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
Place lamb on a rack in a roasting tin and sprinkle with salt to taste.
Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 200 C / Gas mark 6 and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare. The internal temperature should be at least 63 degrees C. Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.