This recipe takes Gratin potato to the next level- simply delicious!
- 4 large Maris Piper potatoes
- 4 rashers of Blacker Hall smoked back bacon, chopped and sautéed in a frying pan
- 1/4 pint Longley Farm double cream
- 120g Barncliffe Crie, chopped into chunks
- Small bunch of fresh thyme (stems removed)
- Salt and pepper
Boil the cream with the thyme for 10 minutes until it thickens slightly. During this time, peel the potatoes and slice finely. Place the sliced potatoes in even layers into an oven-proof dish, sprinkling the bacon and Brie between each layer (only use two thirds of the Brie at this stage).
Pour the thickened cream over the potato layers and cover the dish with foil.
Place in the pre-heated oven at 180C or gas mark 4 for 30 minutes. After that time remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheese chunks on top. Cook for a further 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the cheese is golden brown.