- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 (170g) turkey breast steaks or escalopes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 55g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Brown both sides of the turkey steaks, about 3 minutes per side; remove and keep warm.
In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil and place the turkey breasts in the sauce.
reduce the heat and simmer gently until the turkey breasts are cooked through, about 12 minutes.
Recipe sourced from: all recipes.co.uk/recipe/29502/turkey-steaks-in-chunky-tomato-sauce.aspx