Shrove Tuesday is celebrated on Tuesday 5th March this year – time to fire-up your frying pan and whip out your whisk!
Our Executive Chef, Anton, has created this twist on a savoury ham & cheese pancake. Give it a try with ingredients from the Farm Shop!
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1tbs homemade béchamel
- 50g Shepherd's Purse Yorkshire Blue
- 50g dry-cured ham
- 1tbs Fruity Kitchen Tomato Relish
- Whisk together the flour, eggs and milk to form a batter.
- Grease a frying pan and add a ladle of the mixture. Allow to cook before flipping.
- Once cooked on both sides, add a spoonful of béchamel.
- Add the ham, crumble over the blue cheese and wait for it to melt.
- Spoon on the Fruity Kitchen Tomato Relish and fold the pancake into a quarter.
- Cut in half to release the cheese filling.