It's Love Local Lamb Week!
Local is what we're all about here at Blacker Hall, so we're proud to be championing British lamb this love local lamb week! Our very own lamb supplier, George Wood, is based just 12 miles away from us in Penistone, South Yorkshire. He's been rearing sheep on his family farm for many years now and keeps our butchery full of delicious lamb over the summer months! Find out more about George Wood here.
There are so many reasons to back British lamb farmers, but here's just a few:
- The UK climate and landscape makes us one of the most suited places to producing lamb.
- 97% of the water needed to produce lamb in the UK comes from rain.
- English sheep farming helps provide 19,000 hectares of wildlife, aiding the recovery of our bee population.
- 65% of UK agricultural land is ideal for grazing sheep.
- Over the last 40 years, farmers in the UK have increased woodland areas equivalent to four time the size of Greater London!
Find out more about Love Lamb Week here
Shop Lamb to Click & Collect here