Swing by the Farm Shop on Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th November 2023 between 10am - ...
- 1 Bunch of Yorkshire asparagus, washed and woody ends removed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cherita cherry tomatoes (use a mixture of red, orange and yellow to add more colour)
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 150g Feta cheese diced (we love Tyra Feta from our Deli Counter)
- For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or ½ tsp dried)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°
- Spread the asparagus out on a lined baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the asparagus in the oil to coat and spread the asparagus out on the tray.
- Roast for 8 minutes (thicker stems may need slightly longer) or until the asparagus is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, transfer to a chopping board and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the asparagus, red onion and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all ingredients in a clean jam jar and shake until emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Add the Feta cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Leave to sit for 30 minutes before serving. If serving later, refrigerate.
- Serve as a side dish or as a light summery meal with some crusty bread.
If you want to cheat on the dressing, pick up a bottle of Little Doone balsamic dressing from The Farm Shop.