BUTTERNUT SQUASH RISOTTO
Preparation Time: 5 | Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes | Serves: 2
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp dried Sage
- 1 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 275g Arborio Rice
- 1 litre Marigold Bouillon vegetable stock
- 120ml Dry White Wine
- 100g Parmesan (or vegetarian/vegan alternative)
- 4-6 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Toss the diced Squash in 2 tbsp of oil, season and sprinkle over the Sage. Roast for 20-30 minutes (or until you can mash the squash).
- Heat the remaining oil over a low heat, add the Onion and Garlic and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the Rice to the pan and stir to coat. Add the Wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Using a ladle, gradually add the hot Vegetable Stock to the pan, cooking until almost evaporated before adding the next ladle. Continue until the stock is used up.
- Remove the Squash from the oven and roughly mash. Stir through the cooked rice and add parmesan (or vegetarian/vegan alternative).
- Season to taste and serve.