Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Serves: 4-6
- 1/2 red onion
- 4-5 medium tomatoes
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white Cawa Bakery sourdough baguette
- Gently mix the onions, tomatoes, garlic and basil in a large bowl (take care not to mush the tomatoes up too much!).
- Add the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Cover and pop in the fridge for an hour, this will allow the tomatoes to absorb the flavours
- Slice the baguette loaf diagonally into thick slices and lightly toast.
- Spoon a portion of the bruschetta mixture onto the toasted bread.
- Serve as a starter or light lunch on a summer day!