SMOKED HADDOCK HASH
Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 12 minutes | Serves: 2
Our Fishmonger, Joanne Kirton, shares one of her favourite recipes for Smoked Haddock.
Many people associate Smoked Haddock with making fish pie, but this delicious fillet of fish can be cooked quite quickly in the pan – perfect for a midweek meal in moments.
Made with just 6 ingredients, this dish goes from pan to table in just 15 minutes.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Red Onion
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 400g Smoked Haddock
- Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Eggs
- Slice red onion thinly and add to a frying pan.
- Grate the sweet potato (we like it with the skin on, but it’s your choice) and add to the onion. Fry for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Chop Cherry Tomatoes in half and cut the Smoked Haddock into chunks. Add to the pan for around 6 minutes (or until the fish is flakey and well-combined with the hash).
- While the fish is cooking, make two poached eggs.
- Once your hash is ready, add to a plate or bowl and top each portion with a poached egg.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Feta Cheese and season to taste.