Superfood Salad with Beetroot and Almonds
A vibrant summery salad that takes 10-15 minutes to put together. Packed with colourful vegetables, this naturally gluten-free salad is great for lunch, dinner or served as a side salad.
- 4 small/ medium beetroots, baked or pickled beetroot whichever you prefer, simply cut into wedges
- Approximately 8 oven roasted almonds
- 6 leaves of Kale washed and blanched in boiling water and refreshed in ice water, then cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bag of washed baby spinach
- 1 head of broccoli cut into pieces, blanched in boiling water but cooked until it has only a slight bite left, then refreshed in iced water
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 4 ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- Simply mix up in a bowl with the ginger vinaigrette (recipe below).
- 1 inch lump of peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 dessert spoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 dessert spoon runny Yorkshire Honey
- Juice of 1 lemon and sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- 1 dessert spoon white wine vinegar
- 4 dessert spoons Yorkshire Rapeseed oil
- Mix well in a bowl with a whisk and add a splash of water if necessary.
- Pour over the salad with a teaspoon so you only portion a little, or use a squeeze ketchup style bottle.