SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
- To make the bubble and squeak, melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and crushed garlic until soft.
- Boil the potatoes and cabbage until cooked. Let potatoes cool.
- Add the spring onions, cabbage and cold potatoes and gently fry.
- Break down the potatoes with the back of your wooden spoon and keep frying.
- Tip the mix into a suitable oven dish and sprinkle with grated cheddar. Bake in the oven at 200C for 5 mins until piping hot.
- To make the sauce gently heat up the cream in a saucepan and add the wholegrain mustard. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Reheat the scotch eggs on a baking tray in the centre of the oven at 200C (Fan) for 12-15 mins.
- Cut up the scotch eggs into quarters and serve with the bubble and squeak and mustard sauce.