One of the biggest misconceptions about cooking from scratch is that it takes FOREVER. Thanks to the addition of our new Veg Butcher in the Greengrocery, making quick, healthy teatime meals just got a lot easier. Give this Vegetable Stir Fry a try, made with pre-cut vegetables that you can mix-and-match!
This particular version is vegan, thanks to Yau’s delicious vegan-friendly sauces, but you could just as easily add your favourite meat, fish or tofu to the pan for extra protein.
Ready in 10 minutes with zero preparation time.
- 1 handful chopped Onion
- 1 handful chopped Carrot
- 1 handful chopped Red Pepper
- 1 handful chopped Broccoli
- 1 handful Mange Tout
- 1/3 pack Yau's Thin Chow Mein Noodles
- 1/2 jar of Yau's Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (or your favourite cooking oil)
- Optional: Fresh Chilli
- Optional: Cashew Nuts
- Pick your mix-and-match pre-cut vegetables from The Greengrocery, or ask our Veg Butchers to chop a selection of your favourite veggies while you shop.
- Heat a frying pan with your choice of oil.
- Add the Onions and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the Onions have begun to soften, add your Carrots and Peppers.
- While the vegetables cook, take Yau’s Thin Chow Mein Noodles and add to a bowl with boiling water for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, add the Broccoli and Mange Tout to the pan for 3 minutes.
- Once the Noodles are soft, drain off the water and add to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Take your favourite Yau sauce (we used Sweet & Sour) and add around half a jar to the pan. Stir through for a minute and serve.
- Optional extras: We’ve topped our Stir Fry with chopped fresh Chilli and Cashew Nuts, but you can leave them out or include your favourite meat, fish or tofu instead!